Back to Funny Funny
Back to Home Page
I sure can appreciate some of these!!! For several years I've been typing the weekly Lord's Day bulletin at our church. O, I've made several errors... I don't know if they're on par with some of these, but they
have been funny (sometimes)! Send me your bulletin bloopers and I'll add them here!
Church Bulletin Bloopers
- 1. The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- 2. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- 3. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sabbath.
- 4. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
- 5. The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
- 6. A songfest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.
- 7. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- 8. The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- 9. Thursday night Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- 10. The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Adams.
- 11. Tuesday at 4 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
- 12. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- 13. Mrs. Johnson will be entering the hospital this week for testes.
- 14. Please join us as we show our support for Amy and Alan who are preparing for the girth of their first child.
- 15. The Lutheran Men's group will meet at 6 PM. Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
- 16. The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
- 17. Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
- 18. The service will close with Little Drops of Water. One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
- 19. Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- 20. The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
More bulletin bloopers!
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church in Racine. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- PRAYER & FASTING
Conference. "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer Conference; includes all
- Miss Charlene Mason sang
"I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- "Ladies, dont
forget the rummage sale. Its a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping
around the house. Dont forget your husbands."
- Next Sunday is the family
hayride and bonfire at the Fowlers. Bring your own hot dogs and guns. Friends are
welcome! Everyone come for a fun time.
- The peacemaking meeting
scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
- The sermon this morning:
"Jesus walks on the water. The sermon tonight: Searching for Jesus.
- Next Thursday there will be
tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Barbara remains in the
hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping
and requests tapes of Pastor Joes sermons.
- The "Over 60s
Choir" will be disbanded for the summer with thanks.
- The outreach committee has
enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are afflicted with any church.
- The Pastor would appreciate
it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their girdles for the pancake
breakfast next Sunday morning.
- Remember in prayer those who
are sick of our church and community.
word listen contains the same letters as the word silent.
- Next Sunday Mrs. Smith will
be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "Its a